Here is my Top Ten!
1) Ponte Vecchio at sunset.
2) Vivoli’s ‘Riso’ gelato. Rice ice cream sounds strange but you MUST try it!
3) Sit with friends in a large Piazza such as Piazza Signoria or Reppublica at night. The contrast of how it is, filled with tourists by day, and how peaceful and magnificent it is by night is overwhelming.
4) Il Club Barone restaurant on a Thursday night. Paella and sangria.
5) Street entertainers and musicians. Walk until you find a piazza with live music in the evening.
6) The synagogue on Via Farini. Beautiful and few tourists.
7) The view of Florence from Piazzale Michelangelo – don’t forget your camera!
8) Climb Giotto’s Tower – it gives you great city views as well as a close up of the Duomo.
9) Mercato Centrale – Great food, leather goods and bits and bobs!
10) A trip to Bologna – It’s an hour by train. Tickets aren’t expensive if bought in advance. Bologna is an edgy, vibrant city, filled with students. If you’re in Florence for a month you must make a weekend trip here.