Last Supper Ghirlandaio Ognissanti Church and Convent Florence
Museums & Churches

Last Supper of Ognissanti

The Cenacolo di Ognissanti is another hidden gem in Florence. The other Florentine Cenacoli were painted by well respected but lesser known (I mean less famous!) artists. The Last Supper in Ognissanti was painted by Domenico Ghirlandaio in 1480. It is rumored that there were wealthy patrons living in the area that made generous donations to the church and convent. It was these donations that commissioned projects by Giotto, Botticelli
Cenacolo Perugino Fuligno Last Supper Florence
Museums & Churches

The Last Supper of Fuligno

The Cenacolo di Fuligno museum is dedicated to the Last Supper by Pietro Perugino. This little known convent has been put on the map because of Perugino's masterpiece, which dates back to 1493-1496. It would seem that the convent was always destined to be a museum, and over the centuries has housed various art collections. After the 1966 Florence Flood, it was used as a warehouse for salvaged artworks. And
Cenacolo Last Supper Museum Sant'Apollonia Florence
Museums & Churches

Last Supper of Sant’Apollonia

The Cenacolo by Andrea del Castagno is securely housed within the walls of the ancient Benedictine Convent of Sant' Apollonia founded in 1339. Sant'Apollonia became one of the largest convents in Florence and the first place to commision a Cenacolo or Last Supper in 1447. The museum is filled with works from Palo Schiavo, Neri di Bicci and Andrea del Castagno. The artwork like many other museums in Florence mirrors
Cenacolo Last Supper Andrea Del Sarto San Salvi Florence
Museums & Churches

Last Supper by Andrea del Sarto

Andrea Del Sarto’s Cenacolo (Last Supper) and Museum, is located inside the San Salvi church which is just outside the historic center of Florence. The thing that sets this museum apart from several others is the untouched pieces within the exhibit. During the siege of Florence, this was one of the few locations that had surviving works. It is rumored that the imperial soldiers were so enchanted by its amazing